Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

My Niqab Experience...

As Salaamu Alaikum Sisters!
As a muslimah, I strive to get better and better according to Islamic standards. I study often and try to learn new things as much as I can. Over the summer I found myself fascinated with Niqabs. I admire the commitment and I loved the thought of fully covering my husbands goodies. I decided to try it out. I researched YouTube for "how to" videos and stumbled upon a very modern version of Niqab. The lady who posted the video even gave tips for Niqabi beginners. She said to start by doing it on weekends and with your husband. I was nervous. Brooklyn NY isn't the most comfortable place to begin a Niqabi career, but the style was modern so I went for it one weekend while running errands with hubby. Check out the look below...



I loved it!! I decided to do more research on Niqab, and when I did I realized wearing it in a modern style was sort of disrespectful. I decided to buy an official Niqab and wear it the correct way. See below...



I literally fell in love... and so did my husband. The Niqab gave me a sense of pride. It also helped me to avoid sinning because i didn't want to misrepresent the beautiful symbolism. I had a slight problem tho,,, I couldn't breathe that well and it made me feel slightly claustrophobic. I was so sad but I promised myself I'd try it again during the winter time InshaAllah. Overall it was an amazing experience that I'd love to commit to permanantly one day.

No comments: