Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

The Controversial Dress


As'salaamu Alaikum and good day to you all...
Today was a special day for me because I saw my Abu and was able to make salaat with him for the very first time, Masha ‘Allah. It was an amazingly epic moment, Ahumduallah for that experience. Below is the outfit that I had on. A green vintage baby doll dress, 7 For All Mankind jeans, Steve Madden snake print oxfords, a black wool blazer, Chanel bag, and a cheetah print hijab.

Although it was one of my favorite modest outfits since converting, as I was able to incorporate my love for fashion with my love for Islam, it didn’t go over so well with the muslimahs from my local masjid. Apparently it isn’t sunnah enough and “I should consider dressing more modest” :0/ ...  I was told  my outfit is totally acceptable but now I’m not so sure. What do you think?





No comments: