Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Traditional Muslimah Garb

    I wanted to talk briefly about the traditional way of dressing for Muslimahs.
As a new Muslimah, who was once a slave to the fashion world, its a bit of a struggle for me to dress in the traditional garb. Big shapeless abayas and khimars along with covering my latest wash and set with a hijab was truly a mortifying thought for me. As I began to study and learn more about why us Muslimahs should be covered up, I embraced it wholeheartedly. I must say, its a relief to walk down the street without some strange man undressing me with his eyes or shouting rude and vulgar obscenities at me. Its also an extra treat to think that only my future husband will be able to enjoy my physical beauty. Although I am still easing into the traditional way of dressing, I encourage all muslimahs to embrace the sunnah way of dressing. We are all here to please Allah (swt) first and foremost!!
Below I have on a traditional black abaya and hijab. I added a few cute pins to my hijab and topped it off with my favorite Chanel bag. What do you guys think?


3 comments:

Sanam said...

super lovely blog :D

Day By Diva
Day By Diva

Sixth Avenue' said...

love your blog just followed

Imani said...

Thanks Sisters.. Any tips with blogging we are super new to this