Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

R&B Showcase at SOB’s in NYC


As salaamu alaikum. Hiii honey bunnies :0) ...

Last night was an amazing night. I had the opportunity to hang out with some friends and hit the city for an R&B showcase at SOB's. At first I was very hesitant and nervous. I haven't been to a social event since I took my shahadah and I've never been around my "industry" peers wearing hijab. Although I was nervous once I was dressed and hit the scene I felt a boost of confidence, and surprisingly my hijab gave me an immense sense of pride. Some amazing talent was displayed at the showcase and I'm very happy I decided to go. We Muslimahs should always feel confident and comfortable representing Islam AND that was my lesson learned... MashaAllah!!



2 comments:

Sixth Avenue' said...

love it super cute

Umm Amirah said...

too cute!! I don't do leopard print but you are ROCKING it out.